Tools for Professionals
When a mother in your care suffers with a mood disorder during pregnancy or postpartum,
Poem is something you can do.
We are a non-profit organization comprised of postpartum depression survivors trained to guide and assist other moms in finding the help they need.
POEM provides customized education to health care providers, home visitors, childbirth professionals, therapists and other behavioral health professionals, and anyone involved in the care of expectant and new moms.
- Courses tailored to the needs of your group
- Assessment of Perinatal Mood Disorders based on the PSI Curriculum
- A Voice for Mothers: Perinatal Mood Disorders and Social Support
- Lunch & Learn: An Overview of Perinatal Mood Disorders
Contact us for more information or to schedule a workshop.
- Download the POEM Brochure
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
For patients that answer affirmatively to question #10, please refer to MedEdPPD.org, for the presentation “PPD Safety Assessment: Identifying Patients at High Risk for Psychosis, Suicide, and Homicide” by Margaret G. Spinelli, RN, MD
- The Franklin County Maternal Depression Task Force Care Provider Directory
- Postpartum Support International
- Med Ed PPD
- The Postpartum Stress Center
- Marce Society
- Emory Women’s Mental Health Program
- MGH Center for Women’s Mental Health
- Medline Plus
- Jennifer Mudd Houghtaling Foundation
- Wisconsin Perinatal Foundation
- Postpartum Progress
- NIH National Library of Medicine
- Well Mother
- Melanie’s Battle