You can get involved and make a real difference, not only in your own life, but in the lives of others. As a volunteer you can provide hope, help and support to moms and famies in Ohio coping with PPD.
There are many ways to get involved. For example, you can:
- Join or start a local POEM chapter. All groups are started and operated by volunteers and people who’ve experienced or have been touched by PPD.
- Assist with fundraising. Help ensure that POEM continues to serve those
who need us.
- Join the outreach team. Help educate providers and the community about PPD and POEM.
- Become a Mentor Mom. If you understand the stresses of new motherhood and would like to provide weekly phone or e-support, contact us for more information about this fantastic program.
- Step up as a General Support Volunteer. Help make follow-up calls, read books and research articles, contribute to newsletters or reminder emails, and more.
- Donate. No gift is too small. All gifts are tax deductible.
Those are just a few of the ways that you can support POEM in its mission. With the help of people like you, we can ensure that no one who is touched by PPD ever feels alone. It’s not just about helping others; it’s also about empowering yourself.